Holy Cow! Where has the summer gone? It seems like just yesterday I was planning and looking ahead to the warm summer days. Now it seems suddenly we have leaped into early autumn days of preparing the house and garden for winter.
Busy with fall cleaning I thought I would leave you with a few wise words that I discovered in an old cookbook published by the Ladies’ Axillary to our local Canadian Legion Branch. I don’t know the publication date, but my guess would be that it was put together sometime in the 1960′s. In any event, until I finish my cleaning and get around to some serious cooking I would like to share with you what I think is a Recipe for Life.
Take Time for 10 Things
- Take time to Work – it is the price of success.
- Take time to Think – it is the source of power.
- Take time to Play – it is the secret of youth.
- Take time to Read – it is the foundation of knowledge.
- Take time to Worship – it is the highway of reverence and washes the dust of earth from our eyes.
- Take time to Help and Enjoy Friends – it is the source of happiness.
- Take time to Love – it is the one sacrament of life.
- Take time to Dream – it hitches the soul to the stars.
- Take time to Laugh – it is the singing that helps with life’s loads.
- Take time to Plan – it is the secret of being able to have time to take time for the first nine things!
Good Day and Good Eats!